Job Title: VFX Supervisor
Key Purpose of the Job:
The Visual Effects Supervisor is responsible for achieving the creative aims of the Director and/or Producers through the use of visual effects. Responsible for the VFX Post Production process, creatively leading the artists throughout the show ensuring that good and clear communication occurs at all times between the artists, editor and client. Will handle the VFX project from conception through to completion.
Needs to do:
- Requires understanding of production process, as approves work of all crew on a show.
- Verifies technical solutions proposed by other crew members.
- Works closely with film director to develop and interpret their creative vision.
- Briefs entire crew on director’s creative vision to enable artists to produce desired results.
- Communicates with external production companies.
- Management responsibility – to coordinate management of show, project schedules to ensure work is delivered to deadlines, managing crew.
Needs to know:
- At least 10+ years VFX post-production experience.
- CG Supervisor or possibly previous VFX Supervisor experience on 2 or 3 major films required
- Creative eye and aesthetic judgement – knowing composition, cinematic design and animation timing
- Needs to have an understanding of Directing/Lighting/Camera work/Practical Effects/Camera Gripping/Art Department/Production Design and Props
- Innate sense of composition, light, colour and excellent attention to detail
- On-set supervision experience.
- Ability to work to and meet strict deadlines often under pressure
- Excellent communication, organisation skills and financial and budget management skills
- Expert in industry standard software packages such as Maya, Houdini. A thorough understanding of the CG & 2D principles and pipeline is essential
Needs to Be:
- Proven team leader with strong motivational qualities
- Technically and creatively astute
- Highly organised
- Able to effectively communicate with people at all levels