Reports To: IMS Manager
We're looking for smart, driven software professional to join our IMS department, which supports management and production tools. Support includes various SaaS solutions and various CMS systems. Working from our Vancouver office, you will be part of a global team with the IMS department.
You will contribute to the wider team by tackling clearly defined development and support tasks that arise locally as well as remotely.
Needs to Do:
- Provide software support via telephone, email, and remote control and in person.
- Track issues, tasks, and changes through a ticketing system.
- Ensure that employees are kept up to date with progress and answer queries related to the supported tools
- Produce technical and user documentation for the tools that the team supports and/or develops
- Ensure compliance with global standard in usage and act as the IMS point of contact in Vancouver.
- Lead in rolling out new solutions and regular updates to the site
Needs to Have:
- 2-3+ years of hands-on software support role
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby and/or Java
- Hands-on experience in working on scripts and command line applications
- Working knowledge of MySQL, and PostGres
- Experience of Linux, OSx operating systems
- Previous experience supporting CRM/CMS/ERP systems
- Knowledge of SDLC and/or Agile methodology
- Previous experience of working in a customer-facing environment.
- Familiarity with version control (preferably with Git) and ticketing systems
Needs to Be:
- A strong communicator – both verbal and written
- A quick learner - ability to quickly pick up new software languages as needed
- Able to work autonomously and within a team.
- Good time management and priority handling.
- Excellent organizational and housekeeping skills
- Able to interact confidently with both technical and non-technical staff