Production Runners at Double Negative play a central role in the smooth running of the studio. They support the Dneg team will any facilities based duties while learning about the company and VFX industry.
Why be a Runner?
Running is the best way to get your foot in the door at Double Negative. All our runners join us with the aim of moving on in the business either as VFX Artists or production.
What is the career route for a Production Runner?
Our production runners are looking to move into VFX Production roles; starting as a production runner you would move into a production assistant role on your first show, then into coordination and beyond.
- Answering all queries and request from Dneg employees through a ticketing system called Jira
- Assisting the Office Manager with the smooth running of our offices
- Taking initiative to manage sticks and supplies, arranging orders where necessary; ensuring refreshments, stationary and general office equipment are well stocked
- Keeping the kitchens, meeting rooms and rest areas clean, tidy and well presented
- Assisting the reception team when needed including dealing with switch board calls, welcoming clients and providing refreshments for meetings and clients
- Supporting the recruitment, HR and production teams in the studio with ad hoc duties
- Goods in/out, couriers, mail and deliveries
Needs to Have
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet and Email
- Keen interest in the film industry and VFX
- A professional and friendly manner
- Strong communicator
- Team Player
- Hard worker
Measures of Performance
- Time Management
- Cover letter explaining your interest in Dneg, VFX, production and why you’re a good fit for the team