Double Negative VFX is one of the world’s largest visual effects studios. Our Vancouver studio located in Olympic Village employs over 500 people…and they love their coffee!
We are looking for an outgoing Cafe Supervisor to run our in-house café.
- Previous experience working as a Senior Barista, Café Manager, or Coffee Shop Supervisor etc.
- 1+ years recent experience working in coffee houses.
- A passionate people person, who will fit in with a fun, friendly and creative environment.
- Previously responsible for liaising with local suppliers in Vancouver, stock ordering and inventory checks.
- Self sufficient - You will be part of the facilities team, however mostly working alone and only supported by a team of runners when needed.
- Cashier experience.
- Food Safe Level 1 certificate
- Previous experience using Vivonet software
The café will be equipped with La Marzocco GB5, La Marzocco Vulcan Swift Grinder and Mazzer Super Jolly Electronic Grinder/Doser.
General duties include –
- Opening and closing duties, from 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.
- Making JJ Bean coffees, and other hot and cold beverages.
- Maintain supplier relationships
- Purchasing and stock management
- Health & Safety and Hygiene standards
- Coordinating all servicing and maintenance needs.
- Continual Runner support training
- Creativity for seasonal promotions, sales incentives and loyalty cards.
- Recording and minimising wastage.
- Monitoring sales, generating POS reports and accurate cash outs.
- Weekly meetings with the Office Manager
- Working with the Office Manager to decide on suppliers for the café.