Job Title: Bidding Producer
Reports To: Head of Production
The Bidding Producer is a central role in the team that is responsible for sourcing new business and winning work for the studio globally. Producing detailed bid packages to send to our clients, this work requires an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the entire VFX workflow, as well as previous experience of working on live projects through to completion.
As part of the bidding team based in the company’s head office (with some flexibility to work remotely on occasion), you will work closely with supervisors and Heads of Department to study and analyse scripts, produce VFX breakdowns, and quantify the work required, working across multiple potential projects in parallel.
A business-critical position, you will be responsible for client contact and liaison, as well as reporting progress to the Head of the Production on a regular basis, as bids move through the feedback stage towards award.
Experience as a VFX Producer for 4+ years, with proven capability in providing detailed and accurate bids.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- A commercial mind, with strong analytical skills
- Ability to build rapport with new contacts; experience in building effective working relationships and communicating with clients
- High-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Excel
Nice to have:
Previous experience in a Bidding Producer role for VFX
- Knowledge of Filemaker
Passionate about film
- Smart, and detail-oriented
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines
- Analytical, logical and methodical in your approach
- A strong, clear communicator and effective negotiator
- A positive, can-do attitude, and flexible with your availability for client calls
Negative are a multi-award winning, ground-breaking and long-established
VFX post-production house, producing cutting-edge VFX, and
is now one of the world’s largest providers of visual effects for Film
and TV with facilities in London, Mumbai, Vancouver and Los Angeles.