Double Negative is one of the world’s largest providers of visual effects for film with studios in London, Mumbai and Vancouver. Double Negative has been recognised for it’s outstanding work winning 3 Visual Effects Society Awards, 3 BAFTAs and 3 Academy Awards for Inception, Interstellar, and Ex Machina.
As a global recruitment team we work collaboratively with our global hiring managers, scheduling and show production teams to ensure our creative, technical and support roles are fully crewed.
The Recruiter is responsible for all aspects of the recruitment process. You will be involved with high volume recruitment, proactively sourcing strategic hires, maintaining talent pools and our ATS. You are responsible for negotiating offers, supporting the hiring managers through the full recruitment process, advising them on immigration restrictions, salaries and recruitment strategies. You will also support and guide candidates from interview to hiring stage, ensuring they have a positive experience during the recruitment process.
As part of the recruitment team you are the face of the company; our recruiters attend grad shows, career fairs, present at industry conferences and network at relevant events. A vital part of the role is helping to grow talent in Vancouver by working closely with schools and students.
Working across all aspects of the business this role will gain an in-depth knowledge of our VFX workflow. Recruiters are involved in in-house recruitment projects, working with the global team and recruitment manager to improve our processes and workflows.
- Minimum of 2 years recruitment experience (in-house or agency).
- Basic understanding of recruitment law and the policies and procedures to adhere to.
- Proven track record of interpreting recruitment needs and delivering results.
- Experience in dealing with high volumes of people in a professional and friendly manner.
Nice to Have
- Educated to a degree level
- Prior experience in VFX industry
- Knowledge of common HR practices.
- A friendly, positive team player.
- Strong interpersonal/communications skills.
- Self motivated and proactive.
- Meticulous with strong attention to detail.
- Action orientated, should enjoy a fast paced environment.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and operate accordingly.
- Used to working on own initiative.
- Flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situation.