Department: Feature Animation team
Double Negative is an Academy and BAFTA award winning provider of visual effects for film, with studios in London, Vancouver and Mumbai. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an organised and proactive PA to join a fast paced, exciting organisation, looking after a large and friendly management team.
Key Purpose of the Job:
To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational and logistical service to the Feature Animation division and their film productions. Support the production leadership in managing constantly changing schedule priorities, effectively communicating updates to the crew. Coordinate requests from DNeg leadership, clients, and vendors.
- Be a first point of contact for the business on behalf of the London-based Feature Animation division.
- Establish a productive and positive rapport with the PA team, Feature Animation Production Supervisors, and studio leadership.
- Act as an ambassador of Double Negative when in front of, and communicating with external clients.
- Act with discretion at all times. Handle confidential conversations/documents with due care and consideration.
- Deal with internal and external calls and emails appropriately and with discretion.
- Undertake complex diary management/coordination on behalf of the leadership team. Assist production management in prioritizing and scheduling departmental dailies and client reviews.
- Undertake general administrative/adhoc tasks as and when necessary.
- Recognise the priorities of the team and flag issues, deadlines etc. when needed.
- Ensure meetings for the team are organised efficiently; set up Polycom, Skype and conference call lines etc. in advance and make sure the meeting rooms are adequately prepared.
- Take minutes in meetings as required, circulate action points; create supporting documentation and update relevant systems, where necessary.
- Help to ensure the flow of information across production’s management team, the Feature Animation’s leadership team, Double Negative’s Global Management Team and Executives, by communicating with the rest of the PA team on a regular basis.
- Be fully trained on our company travel procedure, in order to book domestic and international travel on behalf of the team, with the help/support of reception.
- Produce reports/undertake research on behalf of the Feat Animation leadership team, as and when needed.
- Be a true ‘right hand’ to the Feature Animation leadership team, undertaking personal tasks if required.
- Assist with various project work, such as creating presentations for events and working alongside the PR & Communications Manager to assist the Feature Animation leadership team with events/talks.
- Coordinate and execute social events and moral/team building activities.
- Help the team with internal communications/digests, when required.
- Aid in reconciling department expenses.
- Managing Director
- Artist Manager
- VFX Supervisor
- Production Manager
- Show Dailies and Client Review Schedule
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate experience in an administration in a pressurised environment requiring tact, judgement and discretion in handling internal contacts (essential).
- Experience of diary management (essential).
- Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential).
- Must be Mac proficient.
- Must be experienced in using different e-mail platforms.
- Intermediate level in the use of Word and Excel.
Skills (all essential):
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi task and organise others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the team.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.